president

Saturday, January 26, 2013


Jan. 17th, 2013

Today things went better at the office. The internet was slow but at least it was on. We were able to get a few things done. We also loaded up 15 more wheelchairs and sent them over to the hospital to be assembled and given out. We are excited about that. It is good to see them moving. We will need to order more soon.
We had a fire in our apartment this morning. Not to worry, it was just a little one, my curling iron caught on fire. It is a really small one and I guess it just couldn’t handle the current change. Oh well, it wasn’t doing me much good anyway. I use it to straighten my hair, not curl it and with this humidity it only lasts about 10 minutes anyway. My hair is out of control here and I have decided that it is just the way it is going to be, so that’s that. They tell me there is a lady here that knows how to cut hair quite well. All of the sister missionaries go to her. I will just keep it short and hope for the best.
On our way home from work we stopped in the American Store in town. They get lots of canned goods from America. We were able to buy some tuna fish and some cream of mushroom soup. I’m trying to build up a little storage so we will have food in the house if a cyclone hits.
We went over to the service center and I worked on the blog. It took over an hour to download some pictures, slowly but surely it is starting to happen. I don’t know if I will ever get caught up. Right now I am exactly one month behind! Mercy!!!
Tonight was our temple night. It was kind of a sad one. Elder and Sister Johnston are temple workers here and they are leaving for home in the morning. They were the officiators for our session and Alan and I were the witness couple. We all got a little teary by the time it was over. We have only been here for 3 weeks, but we have already made some very strong friendships. We will miss this good couple.