president

Saturday, January 26, 2013


Jan. 11th, 2013

We had a meeting with the Mission President this morning so we didn’t go into the office. We met with him to talk about the missionary housing. First thing, he thanked us for the presentation that we did yesterday and said, “It was just perfect! I don’t know of anyone who could have done a better job.” He is so kind and sincere. We have already come to love him. He explained to us what he wanted us to do and told us what to expect in some instances. When he came to Tonga there were 80 missionaries here and now it is up to 135. By the middle of this year we will have 180. He is trying to find housing for all of them and that will really add to our work load but working efficiently we hope to be able to handle it. At the end of the meeting he looked at me and asked me if everything he had said was alright with me. I said, “certainly” and he said, “I don’t want to over work you, I just want you to be happy.” I love that man. He is so kind and considerate.
We went into the office and checked our email and then did a little shopping. I bought a block of cream cheese today. It would be the size of 4- 8oz packages at home. It cost me $20.00. I just can’t get used to how much food costs. When we come home I will think even the expensive items at the grocery store are a bargain.
It was so blessed hot today that we were exhausted. When the temperature is at 87 degrees, the humidity makes it feel like it is over 100 degrees. I know my blood will thin out in time, but right now I’m dying! I sweat from the minute I get up until long after I go to sleep. We put the fan in the doorway to our bedroom last night and we both slept much better. I don’t know what we are going to do when the real hot weather hits. They tell us that February and March are the worst --- can’t wait!