president

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jan. 18th, 2013

The internet was still very slow at the office today so I worked on our missionary housing assignment. I got on excel and made a spread sheet to keep track of the items that we give the missionaries each month. Ok, I didn’t do it all alone, but I did learn a lot while Tara helped me. That thing is so complicated, I would need a class to understand it all. She is just helping me learn what I need to know to do the basics.
After lunch we went with the Zone Leaders from the west zone to check the houses it that area. I am sad, mad and mortified to say that we found 3 different companionships at home, napping. It was shocking. Even our worst missionaries in Ukraine would not do that! The rest of our afternoon however was delightful. We saw parts of the island that we hadn’t seen yet and it was beautiful. We also saw some of the nicer areas, where the homes are nice and the people are wonderful. In one village that we went to there are 3 wards! Almost every village on the main island has its own chapel. It’s amazing. We loved the time we spent with the Zone Leaders. It was good to be with the young missionaries again. We will really enjoy that part of our work here. They ended our visits with a trip to the blow holes on the west side of the island. WOW! That was something to see. I took some pictures but they don’t do it justice. We want to go back and watch the sunset there. They say it is breathtaking.
Elder Sozka lent us a movie to watch. All the couples that serve here leave movies behind and there is quite a collection. He has them all organized and you just go pick one up when you have time to watch one. I had some ironing to do so we watch “The Gambler 5” . It was frustrating because it must have been a TV movie and it ended with “to be continued”. That was a bummer but the movie was good, we enjoyed it.