president

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jan. 19th, 2013

We had an auxiliary training meeting this morning at 8:30 AM. That was a bummer because Saturday is our only morning to take our time getting up. When we got to the church there was only the senior couples that have teaching callings and the 2 bishops of the wards that are meeting together for the summer. Come to find out that the meeting had been changed until tomorrow evening and no one told us. But the trip to the church was not a total loss. The bishop asked if he could have a word with me. Then he told me that he would like to sustain me as the 1st councilor in the Relief Society Presidency tomorrow at church. I said, “I thought we were going to teach Sunday School.” He shook his head yes, and said that he would sustain me to both callings tomorrow. I just stood there with my mouth open and then said “OK”. I am still in shock. We are really filling two full time mission callings right now and then I will have two church callings too. Guess I won’t get bored!!
We went home and cleaned the apartment and did some laundry. We have a dinner at the Mission President’s home tomorrow, so I made some rolls to take to that dinner. Our freezer door won’t stay shut so I am hoping that I can keep them frozen until tomorrow.
We went to the Szoka’s for dinner tonight. What a delightful evening! Dinner was very simple, sloppy-Joes, sort of, but it was good and the company was great. They are such fun people and very down to earth. We stayed and visited for almost 2 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. They are from Colorado --- what’s not to like???