president

Wednesday, January 1, 2014



December 28th,

We didn’t get up until 7:30 today! That is the latest we have slept in for a long time. I didn’t have a very good night and this morning my back was giving me fits again. I don’t know what it is that makes it hurt like that. On the 26th, I felt so good. I really didn’t have any pain in my back at all, but today it is back with a vengance. I wish I knew what to do to avoid this. I don’t know if it is all the sitting, the driving down the washed out dirt roads or the bed. Probably a combination of all three. Over Christmas when we just stayed home and I was up moving around a lot I started to really feel good. Maybe I should take a month off and just do normal things to see if that helps. Too bad, there is to much to do for a vacation. I will just have to do the best I can and learn to live with it.

Alan did all of the hard stuff today. He cleaned the bathroom and mopped the floors and he did all of the vacuuming. I did the laundry and then layed down. We did walk over to the office in the afternoon to send a few emails. It felt good to get out of the house but I needed to get home and lay down after a couple of hours.

We had leftovers for dinner and then went for a slow and gentle walk. I think that helps. It seems to loosen my back up and make it feel better. Alan went over to the Bean’s old house tonight to watch the BYU football bowl game. The Breits installed cable in that house and then went home. The BYU channel is on Tongan cable so the men are all watching the game tonight. I stayed home, worked on my journal and went to bed early.