president

Monday, January 20, 2014

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 NEW YEAR’S DAY!!!

I wanted to get up early this morning and walk, hoping that I could see another sunrise like we had yesterday. Didn’t happen!! We didn’t get much sleep last night and I didn’t even wake up until 8:00. It was so QUIET around here this morning. Infact, we didn’t hear anyone at all until almost 1:00pm. The Tongan’s stay up late and get up late. That was fine with us, Alan woke up with a sore throat and didn’t feel like doing much. I decided that if we were going to stay home today I might as well do some laundry. I also put the Christmas decorations away, which probably took 15 minutes. It was nice to have it be so easy, but just like at home, we miss having them out.

I changed the calendars this morning. LOVE the picture calendar that Dennis and Carolyn sent! I put those on the fridge so we can see them a lot. It was amazing to change to 2014 on the family calendar that Tiffany made. Only 4 pages left to turn on that calendar!! That is hard to believe. We are trying not to think about going home, there is still so much work left to do here, but today it did start to become real to us.

Alan took a couple of long naps. Hopefully that will help him to get better. I spent the time cleaning the house and working on my journal. Grandma Nelson, Alan’s grandmother was a sweetheart. She told me that whatever you do on New Year’s Day is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. It looks like Alan will be taking naps and I will be cleaning, cooking and doing laundry. Yep, that’s probably just about how it will be. I think of grandma Nelson every New Year’s and miss her. She was a very special lady!