president

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Friday May 31st

When we got to the office today I had settled down enough to make a call to New Zealand. I decided to call Elder Reynolds and get some help. He was so kind and understanding. I had him pull the contract up on his computer so we could go through it together. It was great, he didn’t know any more than I did so he put us on a conference call to Salt Lake. We talked to Christy who is the secretary to the big boss in the Church Office over water projects. She told me to just save the contract to the computer desk top and work on it there. I can do that but then we have to scan it to send it and we don’t have a scanner. It just keeps getting better and better. If all else fails I will copy it and send it to Elder Reynolds and he will take it from there. I was so grateful for the help. They were both so patient and kind. Elder Reynolds said that he feels so bad about our working conditions. It’s like sending a senior couple into the field and asking them to run a race with a ball and chain tied around their necks. He and Steve Stebbings are working hard to improve the conditions here. When Steve left Tonga he said, “either fix it or move them!” We will see what comes of that.
 
We had movie night tonight so I made a Zebra Cake this afternoon. It is a Ukranian cake and I didn’t know if anyone would like it but it was something different and it was easy. I needed easy, I have enough stress in my life right now. We watched a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie tonight. It was really OLD, but the dancing was wonderful. I loved it, Alan endured it.