president

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Wednesday, May 29th

My meeting with the Stake Relief Society President was at 10:00 this morning but she was at our office at 9:00. I think that might be a good sign. She is excited and ready to get started. Thank heaven I was prepared with everything I needed. Ana Ika came into the training and we had a really good discussion. It took about an hour to explain everything to her and make sure that we are all on the same page. We decided which lessons we are going to use and she took them with her so she can translate them into Tongan. She already has people in mind that she wants to use to help her. I was a little worried about them all being members of the church, but they are people she knows well and can trust, which is so important. That should lay a firm foundation for us to build upon as we go out and teach the villagers. We set up another meeting in 2 weeks to go through the translation and then we will be able to get started.

I also got an email from Elder Colson today with some help on the legal issues for our project. I was so grateful for his help. I feel a little better now. It was a good day at the office!

We stopped on our way home and I got my hair cut. It was curling up in every direction and if it gets a little long I never know what I am going to look like. With the humidity and rain that we are having now, I just had to have it shorter. Baby does a good job cutting it and I feel much better now.

Alan and I walked over to the FM offices and talked to Supie about a key for the Fellows office. She had talked to Sister Fefieta and new that we would be coming. No one knows where the key is or if the Fellows turned it in. Supie is going to have the locksmith make us one so it may be Monday before we actually get in there. Oh well, at least there is hope!

It was cloudy and windy all day today and that really cooled things off. IT FELT SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! Alan and I went for a walk before dinner, it was actually cool enough to do that at 4:00 in the afternoon. When we got home I made some ham fried rice. We don’t have any celery here or water chestnuts but I found some fresh bean sprouts so I decided to go for it. I missed the crunch of the celery but it actually tasted very good. It was something different!