president

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Tuesday, May 28th

I spent the morning getting ready for my hygiene training meeting tomorrow. I had pictures and booklets to run off and organize. We also spent some more time with the computer guys. I think they were hiding out at our office today. Those guys from America have been putting a lot of pressure on them to make things better at the schools and there really isn’t much they can do to change the internet coverage on this island. They came to our office because the CES guys don’t know where it is. We learned today that the church pays $50,000.00 a month for internet service in Tonga. WOW!! And it is terrible. That is sad.

When I went to Liahona this afternoon the 10 nurses were in the conference room trying to do their homework. It was a circus. I need a QUIET place to work. I saw Verna in the hall and asked her if she had talked to the principal yet. She said yes and that the principal thought we could use the TVET office for awhile, but that they are trying to replace the Fellows with a local couple and then we would need to give the office to them. Anything is better than what we have now so I will go talk to FM tomorrow and see about getting a key.

We were able to talk to Kimi today --- finally!! It sounded so good to hear her voice. We really do worry about her. It is hard to be so far away when she is so close to having this baby! When we called she and Mike had just finished up a Baby Shower at his parents house. She was excited about all of the fun things they received. It sounds like this will be the best dressed baby in Colorado. She said she is feeling good and she sounded good. It was a big relief to me to be able to talk to her. We have got to find a way to stay in touch with them.

I went to the relief society enrichment meeting in our old ward at Liahona tonight. They are making Tongan outfits and I wanted to make one too. They invited me back and said that I can come all the time to enrichment. I think I will, we don’t have them in our ward down town, people have to travel to far to get there. It was fun to see all of the sisters again, I have missed them! The principal of Liahona is in that ward and she was at the meeting tonight. I asked her about getting a key to the Fellows office and she didn’t know what I was talking about. She had not talked to Verna at all! Verna just made all of that up to appease me. Sister Fefeita, the principal, said that she was fine with us using the office and to go get a key from the FM. She doesn’t think that they will replace the Fellows this year so we should be able to stay there for awhile. Then she got her phone out and sent Verna an email to tell her that she had given me permission to use the office. I sure would have loved to have seen the look on Verna’s face when she got that email. It will be interesting when I run into her again.