president

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday, June 11th

OOPS!! I missed a day. Now I can’t remember what we did on this day. Sure hope it was a good one!!



Wednesday, June 12th

I had a small fit yesterday afternoon. I was in the Service Center and saw our bishop. He is the head man over the ITEP department. They do all the computer work here. I told him that we just couldn’t go on like this any longer. That we had a conference call with New Zealand today and we still didn’t have any phones or an internet that worked. I basically begged him to do something to help us. It must have worked because things began to change today. It wasn’t at a very convenient time but I am not going to complain about that.

Alan got a call from the hospital this morning. They needed wheelchairs ASAP and they had ordered a truck to pick them up at 10:00 at our old office in Nuku’alofa. Our conference call with New Zealand was at 10:00! Alan had to go, so I did the conference call alone. While I was on our CELL phone talking to the Area Welfare Manager, 2 of the ITEP guys came into the office and started working on my computer and setting up the phone
somehow we managed to get everything done. By the time I got off the phone, our internet had been switched over to the Church System and I had a phone that works installed in our office. Amazing what can happen when Sister Webb has a fit!

The USS Pearl Harbor arrived in Tonga today. Well, it is docked 8 miles out, you can hardly see it from the shore, but it is here. We will start working with the Navy within the next couple of days. They have to set everything up with the government first and tomorrow is the opening of Parliament here so I think the distribution of goods will actually start on Friday.

Our Bishop’s daughter was baptized this evening. We were invited specially so we felt like we should go. We were both ready to stay home and put our feet up, but instead we picked Sister Mitchell up and off we went. It was scheduled to start at 5:00 but didn’t actually happen until 6:00. They were preparing a feast for after the baptism and the food “wasn’t quite ready” so had to delay. It was a good thing we decided to go, they asked Alan to give the opening prayer and then stand in the circle for the confirmation. All on the spur of the moment for Alan but they had his name on the program. They just didn’t think to ask him ahead of time.

The whole thing was a little over the top for a baptism but we had a really good time. I took lots of pictures. We just felt bad for the other children in the ward. I don’t think there are any other families that could throw a feast like this one. It had to have cost them a fortune!