president

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Saturday, June 1st

We had to get up early and take the missionary money out this morning. It about killed me to get out of bed. By Saturday I am exhausted! I need some down time. But once we got going we had a great time. We love being with the young missionaries and now that we know them it is really fun to be with them. We didn’t give out a lot of Snickers today but I have raised my standards, especially when they know that we are coming. I was encouraged though, most of the MQ’s were pretty clean. The missionaries are doing better.

I had an “a hah” moment today. It seems that this mission is upside down. The young missionaries get up at 6:30, exercise, eat, get cleaned up and then study. They leave their MQ at 11:00 AM. The senior missionaries get up between 5:00 and 6:00, exercise, eat, get cleaned up and leave to start their various callings by 7:30 to 8:00 AM. What’s up with that? I want to leave for work at 11:00. We’re old, we should have an easier schedule than a 19 year old! Who do I contact about this??

We spent the afternoon doing laundry and cleaning and then decided to relax and watch a movie. We watched Baptists at My Bar-B-Q. It was kind of dumb but funny and we enjoyed it.