president

Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Monday, June 3rd

I wanted to sleep in so bad today!!! At 5:45 the noise started. The rain had stopped so the Tongans were out exercising. They walk by our house but they don’t talk quietly to each other. They have to talk really loud to be heard over the music playing on their radios. They still carry the ones with speakers, not head sets. Then the boys in the dorm woke up at 6:00 and started yelling. It was unbelievable!!! I kept trying to go back to sleep but finally gave up at 7:30. Even though I couldn’t sleep, I could at least rest. What I wouldn’t give for the peace and quiet of Smithfield!

Today was a holiday so we had the day off. It was Emancipation Day, but no one seems to know what they were emancipated from. Not even our boss at the office. Oh well, we will take a holiday any time they want to give us one. I really needed this one.

I went to Liahona to check my emails and we received one from New Zealand saying that they are looking for a new office for us at Liahona. Not the TVET office that we were planning on, but an office for the whole Welfare team. That would be wonderful!!! It would save us a ton of money in gas and 30 minutes travel time morning and night. I guess Heavenly Father has heard me complaining and taken pity on me. We won’t know how that will all work out until later in the week but at least there is hope.

We also received a new project to work on. There is a hospital in Vava’u that has a two page list of needs and President Hamula sent it to us saying that he wants us to help them. That will end up being hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. He wants it taken care of ASAP. Hopefully that will help us get a new office fast. It will also probably mean that we need to take a trip to Vava’u to check things out. Oh well, somebody has to do it, it might as well be us.

All of the senior couples went on a sight seeing tour of the east side of the island today. We had a great time. It was a beautiful day and I took lots of pictures.
 
We had a pot luck dinner tonight for FHE and then we were going to play games, but every one was to tired so we ate, visited and then went home. Elder Johnson has come down with a bad cold and Sister Johnson wasn’t feeling great either. We agreed that all of us are exhausted so we called it a night and went home early.