president

Friday, October 25, 2013


Monday, October 21st

I got up at 5:00 AM to make sweet rolls for our puppet show cast and their teacher. We wanted to thank them again for all they did for us last week and wish them good luck with their finals. Today is the last day of actual classes at Liahona. Tomorrow they start their finals and then they will be taking the national test after that. It is a stressful time around here. I just can’t wrap my brain around the fact that these kids are getting out of school for summer break, and our kids are going into winter. It feels strange!!

We stayed at the office at Liahona today and we should have gone into town. Our internet was terrible and we didn’t get much done. Alan is coming down with a cold. He has a sore throat and he isn’t feeling well at all. I know we are starting into summer because my alageries are starting to surface. I have the dry cough and raspy voice. I had that all last summer, I hope that doesn’t happen again!! We are a real pair! But we aren’t alone. The senior missionaries are dropping like flies. Elder and Sister Dassler have been sick for 3 days, Elder Meyers was sick and now has a bad cough, Sister Meyers has hurt her knee and can’t walk at all, and the new dentist has pulled something in his back and is in terrible pain. This is no place for people to be ill. The elders are giving a lot of blessings. We don’t get good medical care here so we depend on the Lord and miracles. Sure glad that Tiffany sent some medicine in her package. We might need her to send more!