president

Thursday, October 31, 2013



Sunday, October 27th,

We had our Primary program today and it was amazing! I was so impressed with how well the children did and how well behaved they were. They were very well prepared and the children love to sing so the songs were wonderful. They also had two solos and a duet. They have such good voices. All of the girls were dressed in white and all of the boys wore a tepenu with a tauvala wrapped around them. Other churches have a “White Sunday” in May, when they honor the youth. Our church has decided to carry this Tongan tradition on, only they have the girls wear white for the Primary Program and the boys all wear white shirts. All of the children had a part and they were mostly memorized. It really was great! I didn’t have the camera so I took pictures on the Ipad. I don’t know how to get them to the computer, so I will have to post them later.

Vincent and his wife weren’t at church today. We missed them in our Sunday School class, but we had two new people. I’m not sure of their names yet, but they are a young couple with a 9 month old baby, a little boy named Moses. He has the biggest brown eyes and he is darling!! I could eat these babies up. They make me miss our Grace so much!!!

Bistra and Paula, the young couple that live behind us, had their baby on Friday. They had a little boy. Because we are both coughing so much, we haven’t been over to see them yet, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that one! Maybe I can ease some of my need to hold a baby now. Kimi sends pictures every week, so I guess that is as good as it gets from this far away.