president

Friday, October 18, 2013


Today is October 1st.

  WOW, another month is gone! Alan was reading something the other night and it said that in the latter days, the Lord would speed up time so the Saints would not have to suffer the evils of the world for a long time period. I believe that we are starting to see that happen.
We stayed at Liahona today. I went in to see Dr. Williams, the visiting dentist. I wanted him to check my teeth and make sure that I didn’t have any cavities and I really wanted them cleaned. He is a good dentist and very gentle. I have no cavities and now I am set until the end of our mission. The best part is that it is all free of charge. He is here on a service mission.

When I got back to the office we started working on the pharmacy painting project. I sent an email to Elder Reynolds asking him a question about the budget and the next thing I knew he was calling on the phone. He has decided that it is lots easier to just call and answer questions. In the end he said that we should over estimate the cost. It is always better to have to much money than not enough. We figured out what we needed and then added 25% to that.
Then we submitted the project. It will take some time for this one to get approved but Elder Reynolds said that he “loved” it, so we are hopeful that all will go well. If it is approved we will have 6 active projects that we are working on and we have 2 more in the works. He told us to stop working so hard. He wants us to have everything we are working on finished and closed before we leave Tonga. That is all very well and good but what will we do that last couple of months if we have everything finished? We are a little worried about that.

We had a pretty good earthquake in Tonga today. Alan and I were in the office when the earth started to shake and rumble. We looked at each other and said, “that is an earthquake!” Then all of a sudden a big jolt hit. I grabbed my desk and held on. It only lasted a couple of seconds and then there was more rumbling and shaking. In all it probably lasted less than a minute but it was a little nerve wracking. We haven’t felt one for quite a while now but as summer comes on and then cyclone season, they seem to become more frequent.

Alan didn’t have a very good day today. His stomach has been upset all day. He ate way too much rich food yesterday. He was very careful what he ate today and by evening he was feeling a little better. Hopefully he will have a good night and be fine tomorrow.