president

Friday, October 18, 2013



Today we had a special honor. Nita, the lady that we home teach, asked us to meet her at the temple this morning and stand in as her parents when she was sealed to them. What a special experience that was! The Temple President did the sealing. He knew Nita’s parents and was Nita’s mother’s Mission President. He told us that President Hinkley said that “almost everyone, if not everyone, in the Spirit World is accepting the work that is done for them here on earth.” We all knew that Nita’s parents were with us this morning. The Spirit was so strong and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of mother’s love toward her daughter as I knelt at the alter representing Nita’s mother. Love was expressed, tears flowed and a family was sealed for all eternity! It was a beautiful experience, reminding me how grateful I am that my family is eternal. I can’t imagine not knowing that they are ours forever. I love them all so much!!!

It rained really hard this afternoon. In fact, we got more than the total amount of water for all of October in one afternoon. Liahona flooded. It was a mess! It let up just enough for us to be able to drive to the temple tonight. Two trips to the temple in one day! It was a good day.