president

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Saturday, April 27th
We didn’t want to go into the fair today and since we found some great deals yesterday we didn’t have to. We slept in a little and then did some wash. Alan cleaned and then went to the Mission Office to get things ready to take out next week when we take the money to the missionaries. I just worked around the house and did some cooking. Sister Cahoon found some wheat flour somewhere, I don’t know where but I will write and ask her, so I made a loaf of wheat bread. It really tasted good to us and we are hoping we can find more wheat flour. We have not seen any the whole time we have been here.

We are having a dinner at the President’s house tomorrow and I wanted to make the chocolate éclair desert. We don’t have graham crackers here but Elder Szoka brought me some other crackers that we hope will be a good substitute when he went to New Zealand last month. He also had a huge package of vanilla pudding that he shared with me, so I gave it a try. We don’t have cool whip either so I just made it without it. It will be interesting to see what it tastes like but it looks good so hopefully all will be well.

We were able to go for another good walk tonight. I took some pictures of the moon over the Tongan Temple. It was full and so beautiful!

It was nice to have a day off with no stress or hurry. We don’t even know what everyone else did today, we just pretty much stayed to ourselves.