president

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thursday, April 25th
Today is a national holiday. It is the equivalent of our Veterans Day. All of the stores are closed, the offices are closed and the schools are closed. Our grandkids would love living in Tonga. Since January, they have had two holidays, a 3 day sports event and they missed a week of school because of the rain, which they don’t have to make up. It seems like the kids are always out of school here.

We decided to really take the day off and not do much of anything. We have been going strong since we got here and it felt good to just stay home and relax. We slept in an extra hour and did a little wash but that’s about all. I found out this week that someone was using our washing machine while we are at work. When I went to put some wash in there was a mess in the machine, dried up powdered soap all over the place. I don’t use powdered soap, I use liquid. I hate the fact that people know when we are gone and using my washing machine is like using my towel, it gives me the creeps. When I washed Alan’s white shirts last week one came out with stains on it, now I know why. We figured out which circuit shuts off the electricity to the washing machine today. We will flip it off when we leave for work in the morning.

We spent some time catching up on our journals and we called Dave in Hawaii to wish him a happy birthday. It is his birthday there today. When he answered he was on the golf course having a great time. Tuff life that kid is living!~

Thursdays are great because we can end the day with a trip to the temple. It doesn’t get any better than that!