president

Saturday, April 6, 2013

 Saturday, March 23rd

            Most of the senior couples went to another island for p-day today.  We took a 30 minute boat ride to a small resort on the island of Pangaimotu.  For the first time in the last 4 weeks the sun was shining on a Saturday and we had a wonderful day at the beach. 
 This is the boat that took us to the island of Pangaimotu.



There is a small resort on the Island and that is where we spent the day.

We went to the “Big Mama Yacht Club” so we could take a picture of the big mama.

We were able to swim and snorkel.  I have only done that once before, when we were on our cruise, but Greg absolutely loves it so I wanted to give it another try.  Now I am hooked!!  What a fun day.  I guess I was out snorkeling for about 3 hours.  We saw so many beautiful sights.  We were able to locate all kinds and colors of fish, different types and colors of coral and interesting shells and formations on the ocean floor.  We started when the tide was just starting to come in so we were able to see a lot of things really close before the water got too deep.  It was an amazing experience and I have the sun burn to prove it!  Alan could only stay out for a little while because of his skin cancer problems but I had the time of my life. One of the senior couples brought an underwater camera and he took a lot of pictures.  He is going to email some to me that I hope to put on the blog.  I really hope to be able to do that again while we are here.

 We were able to snorkel around this ship and we saw so many beautiful things!



After snorkeling for about 3 hours we stopped for lunch.

I had fish and chips and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The fish was snapper.  It is a white fish that is very mild and very good.  

This is an old resort and it is quite run down, but the beach is still very beautiful!  After lunch we walked around the island.  It is quite small so it only took us about 45 minutes.  We had to go part way in the water because the tide had come up far enough that the beach was under water. 

They used to have places for people to stay but they are very run down.  It was a great day trip, but I wouldn’t want to stay overnight.

We headed home about 4:30 in the afternoon, leaving behind a small island but taking with us a day full of wonderful memories.

When we got home we were exhausted.  It’s been years since I have been swimming for that length of time.  We did a load of wash, had a sandwich and were in bed by 9:30.  What a GREAT DAY!!

P.S.  Something interesting happened while we were out swimming.  The other senior sisters saw my back and were shocked at how bad it looked.  When I told them what had happened one of them said that what I had had done was acu-pressure.  I have never heard of it before but she had seen someone else who had had it done.  Finally I was able to convince Alan to take a picture of it so I have proof of just how bad it was, but not to worry, I have recovered and will be just fine