president

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday, March 24thIt was raining again today. Yesterday was another tender mercy for the senior couples. We all needed a day off and a little relaxation. However, it was a little hard for me at church today. The backs of my legs are really burned and sitting is hard. Also, I had to tell the Relief Society Presidency that we have been transferred to another ward. Alan came home from the mission office the other day and said that the Mission President had asked us to go to the ward that meets in town. There is a family that he wants us to teach and help get ready to be baptized. Also, the ward really needs a senior couple to give them some support. We are missionaries and we will be obedient, but I hate to be transferred!! I love the ladies in Relief Society and I love this ward. It will really be hard to leave them. The ward that we will be going to is a lot smaller and they don‘t have as much fun as we do. I am so grateful that we had this experience and that I got to know these people. Most of them live around us so we will hopefully still see them around the campus. We have already made eternal friendships but I know the Lord will help us make more in our new assignment.
The next sad thing was saying good-bye to our Sunday School class. We have finally got it to a manageable size and the kids are starting to really respond. We have come to love them and now we are gone. They were all so good to us today. Lots of hugs and sad good-byes. They have been a blessing in our lives. We hope they all go on to accomplish great things here in the islands. The Lord needs them to be faithful and strong.
We didn’t tell the members that we were leaving. There is a chance that we might be back one more week, but for sure in April we will be gone.
It was pouring when church was out. We got drenched just getting to the truck. We had driven over because we had to take our computer and the projector. Thank heaven, we would have drowned trying to get home. I had to take my shoes off just to get to the truck the water was so deep.
I had some home made rolls in the freezer so I made mini hamburgers for lunch. We used the minced beef and it really wasn’t bad with onions and tomatoes and lots of ketchup. In fact they tasted pretty good to us.
We went over to the Service Center in between rain storms and tried to “face time” with the kids.
We were able to get in touch with everyone but Bryan today. Some of the connections were better than others but at least we were able to talk to them and see most of them. We will try Bryan again tomorrow.