president

Monday, May 6, 2013

Friday, May 3rd.
We had a really bad wind storm last night. It was so loud that we didn’t sleep well and when we got up we had a unpleasant surprise….our toilet isn’t working. It was having a little trouble yesterday but today it won’t flush at all. Now that is a problem, it is kind of a necessary item! Thankfully we have the key to all of the houses here so we were able to go to the house next door, where the Cahoons lived, and use the toilet there. But that is a pain so we called to have them come and look at it. They came while we were at work so we had to leave the door unlocked and I hate to do that. Everything was fine in our house except for the fact that the toilet only worked for about 4 flushes and then we were back to ground zero. Alan called again and this afternoon they came and ran a snake through the pipes to see if that would help. It didn’t, they will be back tomorrow.

At the office today I decided to try something different. I unhooked the office computer from the internet and hooked it into my laptop. It worked!! It is still slow and I got kicked off a few times but I was able to get quite a bit done today so I am HAPPY!!!

Alan went out to the West Zone with Sioeli, the FM man to check the MQs. He came back discouraged. They aren’t as well cared for as the ones we saw on Monday. We don’t know what to do to get these missionaries to take care of their MQs and we are tired of fighting them. We will pray for help.
Speaking of praying for help, Alan had an experience today that showed us that our prayers are being answered. It was very humbling. As he was driving down the road in the bush a palm tree fell across the road just as he got to it. Actually he was a little farther away than another car coming the other direction. Everyone got out of their cars and met at the tree. Sioeli, and the man from the other car moved the tree from the road while Alan picked up the coconuts. When they were done the man in the other car, who was quite shaken as the tree just barely missed falling on his car, said, “Now I know why I was saved, you are a missionary.” He isn’t a member of the church but he had great respect for Alan and hopefully that experience will help him to look into the church. Alan and Sioeli were a little shaken too. It could have been a terrible tragedy. I know he was being protected. I am so grateful!

Bryan sent some darling pictures of his family at Disneyland today. I am homesick for Disneyland and the grandkids. It looked like they were having so much fun! The look on Addy’s face was priceless, she looked soooooo happy!

I was able to talk to Odean on the phone today. It was so good to hear her voice again. I really miss seeing her each week. How grateful I am for good friends and their love and support. We really do feel of their prayers in our behalf. It means a lot to me!~