president

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sunday, May 12th

We had a nice Mother’s Day Sacrament Meeting today. We have such a small primary that they didn’t sing, but all of the speakers talks were centered on Mothers and they were wonderful. I remember when we were in Ukraine, that first Mother’s Day was really hard for me. Today was a repeat of those same feelings. I had a hard day. I missed my children, being their mother is the best part of my life. I always wonder what I ever did that Heavenly Father would trust me with His most precious spirits. I have decided that He sent them to me to bless my life and to help me, not visa versa. How grateful I am for each one of them, their spouses and the amazing grandchildren that have come into our family. It just keeps getting better and better! We have been so blessed!!!!!

Our Sunday School class was great again today. We are loving that experience! We did have one lady today that might be a challenge though. She is very knowledgeable in the gospel but her husband is brand new to the church. She wants to answer every question, read every scripture and she has a comment about everything. We have to find a way to let those who aren’t so sure of themselves be the ones to respond. They are the ones that need to grow and strengthen their testimonies.

When we got home from church we called the kids in Smithfield on Face Time. It was Health Days today and they were at our house having a picnic. What fun it was to see them all, talk to them and also see the yard, the house and even Judy Merkley. She came over while we were talking and we got to talk to her for a minute. She isn’t going to retire this year after all, “one more year” she said. I think I have heard that before! That little visit with the family really lifted my spirits. We will call Kimi and Bryan tomorrow.

After dinner we watched some movies, Kimi and Mike’s wedding video, Dave and Alisha’s wedding video and the family video that Kimi gave us for Christmas in 2003. We couldn’t believe that it has been 10 years!!! It was fun to see how much everyone has changed and how the grand kids have grown. When we saw Parx and Bryson on Face Time we couldn’t believe how much they have grown and we still have a year to go. It’s always the little ones who change the most but I wish they would stay little until we get back!!!