president

Friday, May 17, 2013


Tuesday, May 14th

We found out today that Tonga had a 6.5 earth quake yesterday. We didn’t even feel it and neither did any of the other senior couples. We were told that it was VERY DEEP in the ocean but that is when they really worry about a tsunami. They kept a close eye on it and so far - no problems.

Still no word on our project. If they don’t approve it today, it will be another week before they even look at it. PATIENCE!!!

It has rained off and on for two days now and the humidity is back up. I thought we were going into the cool season. I had to wash today and even with a pretty strong breeze I couldn’t get things to dry. If this keeps up for a week or more we will be right back into the mildew and mold. Yuck!! I need a break from that, I am dealing with little tiny ants all over the house now. They are so small that it is hard to see them without my glasses. Everyone is complaining about them. We just go from one adventure to the next.

Alan went back out to the MQs this afternoon and I went to the Service Center to finish up what I couldn’t do at the office this morning. Then we had a quiet evening at home.

There was a huge dinner on campus this evening. It was a farewell for Elder Filianganofa and a welcome for Elder Tukuafu. All of the Stake Presidents and their wives were there, the Area 70’s who are visiting here, the managers from the Service Center and their wives and the Temple President and his wife.
We saw 3 roasted pigs being taken in and tons of other food. It was quite a party!