president

Wednesday, May 29, 2013



Thursday, May 23rd

It was another marathon day at the office. We did more training with Steve in the morning. Today I took my computer into the conference room and we tried to get onto CHAS in there. It actually worked!! Well, it worked for 2 of us. The system wouldn’t support 3 computers so Ana turned hers off and just looked at mine. Then Steve casually said, “Sister Webb, I want you to write up the dentist project on CHAS.” That is the project that we are just starting to work on now. He hooked my computer up to the projector so they could all see everything I did on the wall. NO PRESSURE THERE!!! I usually write a rough draft before I ever put anything on CHAS, but I just did the best I could with such short notice. Thanks to Alan’s help spelling a couple of words, it all turned out great. I think my reputation of being an English teacher is still in tact.

We learned today that we also have a legal contract that we have to sign with the company we are buying the tank and stand from. This one is much more than an agreement, it is a 6 page contract that I have to fill out and submit to the church legal department. Where is Mike when I need him? Maybe I will send it to him and let him fill it out and send it back. Then the church legal department will be impressed!

At 12:30 we broke for lunch and Steve took us out again. We went back to CafĂ© Escape. He really likes it there. The food is good but it is also the only place where there is air conditioning. He has been dying in the heat we are experiencing. I don’t know what happened to the cool weather we were supposed to have but these last two weeks have been just like summer all over again. The humidity has been terrible the last few days and all of our clothes are wet again. Here comes the mildew!!!

In the afternoon we spent a lot of time talking about emergency preparedness. We went through the emergency container yesterday and it is a mess. It hasn’t been updated for a LONG TIME. It will take a lot of work to get it where it needs to be. First, someone needs to go in there and get all the mice droppings out. I choose not to do that!!! I will make the list of things we need to buy to restock it. I just hope we don’t have an emergency in the near future, since it takes months to get these projects approved and that would be an area project.

We told him we had to leave the office at 4:00 so we could be home by 4:30. Today is Gary’s birthday in America and we wanted to call him. 4:30 our time is 9:30 back home so we don’t like to call any later than that. We had a good conversation with him on the phone. We are loving the little phone. It isn’t expensive to call and we can talk just like we are next door. The time delay is the only problem but once you get used to it, it is not that bad. Gary sounded great and it was fun to catch up with what he is doing and how the family is. We are sad that we won’t be home for Brandon’s wedding. We missed Ryan’s wedding when we were in Ukraine. I am starting to see a pattern here, maybe if Gary and Peggy go on a mission Greg will find his eternal companion --- just a thought.

By the time we had dinner and got things cleaned up we were both ready for bed again. We didn’t sleep well last night. There was a dance at the church behind our house and it went until 11:00. I don’t know why they have them on a school night. There is nothing between here and there to absorb the sound so it sounds like the band is right outside our window. Then it was so blessed hot all night, we had to get up and turn the fan on because neither one of us could sleep. I am starting to get a sore throat. I can’t remember the last time I had a good nights rest.