president

Monday, May 13, 2013

Thursday, May 9th

We had so much to do today we had to divide and conquer. Alan went out with the missionaries to replace filters and batteries in the smoke detectors and I stayed at Liahona to do the orientation for the new missionaries. Neither one of us went into the office today.

Since my presentation didn’t start until 11:25, I had time to do some laundry and then go over to the Service Center and finish up my monthly Family and Friends letter and get it sent out. I was also able to check on our project that is now sitting in SLC. Still waiting for 3 levels of approval there. It will be interesting to see just how long that takes.

I walked over to the Stake Center to do my presentation, just to find out that they were running an hour behind! Alan had the phone with him so they couldn’t call me. I walked home, had lunch and then walked back. At least I got some exercise today. The presentation went well I think. Of our 12 new missionaries, 10 of them are sisters. That will be interesting, we have not had this many sisters all at once before. There are 19 year olds in this group and you can tell the difference in age. I am thinking it is going to take a lot of patience to make this transition. A couple of them seemed and acted very young.

Alan came home exhausted but he was able to get one whole zone done. Just one and a half to go!! We have had a lot of activity in the neighborhood these last few days. We have two Area Authority 70’s coming to do Stake Conferences. Tonga pulls out all of the stops when church leaders come to visit so they were power washing everything again. One of them will be living right next door to us and the other one just 2 houses down. It will be exciting to have them here and hopefully get to meet them.

Once again there was a great ending for our day waiting for us, we went to the temple.