president

Friday, May 17, 2013

Saturday, May 11th

We had a breakfast for all of the Senior Missionaries this morning. I was responsible for making the pancakes. They don’t have buttermilk here so I had to make my own but it worked just fine. There is always way too much food because everyone brings something, and then you have to try everything and it was all yummy. We ate too much and then were moving in slow motion for the rest of the day.

When we got home from the breakfast we cleaned the house and did the laundry, then took a nap. I never take a nap but all that food just weighs you down! I had a hard time waking up and getting going again. Alan went out to work in the MQ’s and I finished the housework and updated the computer at the Service Center. At least once a week we check Facebook to see what is happening with our friends in Ukraine. Kris had put a picture of Ken on there for his birthday. Seeing his picture totally undid me! I just sat there and cried as I got caught up in all the memories of our parents and how much I miss them. They feel so very close to us at times and we know they know where we are and what we are doing. How grateful I am for all of our parents, for all they taught us, for how very much they loved us and for the legacy they left us. I just hope and pray that we can do the same for our children.

When Alan got home he was really tired. I will be so glad when all of these filters are changed and all the smoke alarm batteries are changed. He is wearing himself out!

I fixed tacos for dinner and made a meatloaf for dinner tomorrow. When it had cooled off a little we went for a short walk. Alan’s leg was bothering him tonight and he didn’t want to go to far. We are worried that the operation he had didn’t really fix the problem after all. It doesn’t bother him all the time but when it hurts he is very uncomfortable. I hope he doesn’t have a bad night.