president

Monday, May 6, 2013

Thursday, May 2nd
In the office this morning NOTHING WORKED!! Elder Bean said that he was going to put his foot through his computer and I thought about throwing mine out the window! It took me a short 31/2 hours to send 1 email!!

After all that frustration I headed to see Ying and get a massage. She is very encouraging and she has really helped me. My pain has gone way down and some days I don’t feel it at all. I am starting to get the feeling back in my foot and lower leg. She says that the circulation is good so I think I will be fine now. As long as I know I have her here to help if it gets bad again. Maybe I will go once a month just to maintain it where it is now.

This afternoon we had to go pick up some sister missionaries and take them to the other end of the island to go on splits with other sisters. We are getting so many new sisters in the mission that President is trying this out to help the sisters that are training new sisters. Those that are training haven’t been here very long either so they need a little help from the really experienced missionaries.
We found out today that one set of missionaries in the east zone baptized 26 people during the month of March. The amazing thing about that is that they were ALL member referrals! The members in Tonga are great and they are fearless in sharing the gospel with everyone they know. They are bringing all of their friends and families into the church and then those people get excited about sharing it too. It is fun to watch it grow and see the joy in the faces of those who are finding the gospel.

We were able to talk to Tiff on the phone today and catch up on what is happening in Smithfield. She also wrote us a great LONG email that we can read over and over. Sure wish her brothers and sister would follow her example!!! On days like today it gave us the lift we needed. That, plus the fact that we went to the temple. Yes, the church is true!!