president

Friday, July 12, 2013



Monday, June 24th

After our Monday morning devotional we headed straight in to work. We had a huge day at the office today. I received an email from New Zealand asking for forgiveness. I’m sure that Elder Reynolds had a bad day at the office on Friday and also didn’t realize what was happening here in Tonga. My first priority for the day was to make sure that Ana was alright and then I helped her find the answers to the questions New Zealand wanted answered on that ancient project. She made some phone calls, I entered the answers on CHAS and sent them off. I added that I hoped that would be the last time any of us had to worry about that project and then added the icon of the smiling face with hands clapping. Elder Reynolds wrote right back to thank us and then told us that we are “GREAT!” I just hope he really believes it.

I wrote up a report about what we did last week in connection with the USS Pearl Harbor visit. I will insert it even though a lot of it will be repetitive, I want a copy of it. The Public Relations lady that asked me for the pictures never did show up to get them. I don’t know why I stress over getting things done here, no one else does!

Sione at the FM, gave us two surplus computers today. We were so excited to get them, they are very hard to come by. Alan called the village leader in the village of Hofoa and we took them out to him this evening. He was thrilled!! We just hope they will work and work for a long time. They will be a great blessing for the young people in that village.

Today is Carolyn Gray’s birthday in Tonga. (Tomorrow in USA) We called and had a great visit with her and Dennis. It was good to hear about what is happening at home. We miss our neighbors!

We had an interesting FHE tonight. We have a couple that will be leaving to go home the first part of July. We decided to go into their work station at the Service Center and do a “Mob Dance”. We practiced it tonight. We will be singing “Have I Done Any Good In The World Today?” It should be interesting! Some of these couples have at least one partner who does not dance all that well. Oh well, it will be fun and the Tongan’s will love it! The Ka’ili’s, the couple who will be going home, have now served 6 missions! He really wants to do one more - he is 79! They are amazing!!!