president

Friday, December 27, 2013


Friday:

Thank you so much Alan!!! I was sick today. Alan shared his germs with me. He went into work and I stayed home. He had to meet with the two assessors that were coming to pick up the wheelchairs that were put together yesterday. They both came and brought trucks to take the chairs out. These two women are amazing and they will be such a blessing to the people of Tonga with this wheelchair program. They were so excited to be able to take the chairs out in time for Christmas. What a wonderful gift for those who will receive them.

I stayed in bed most of the day. My back was really giving me problems, to the point that I had to take a muscle relaxer. That put me under so I just gave in to it and slept for hours. Hopefully that will help my body to recover.

On his way home from the office, Alan stopped to pick up a new driver’s license. They are only good for one year here. When he got there, there was a long line. A very nice lady, that Alan didn’t know but she is a member of the church, saw his missionary name tag and asked him to go with her. She took him to another part of the office and he was able to get his license quickly. Without her help he would have been there a long time! Then he went to get his hair cut. I was going to cut it for him but with my back so bad he decided to go to a Chinese man that he had heard about. Alan really liked him and he did a good job, it is just really short!! Alan doesn’t mind. It is so hot, short hair is a welcome relief.

My back was so painful tonight that Alan called Elder Berger, who lives next door, and asked him to come over and give me a blessing. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and the power of the Priesthood to heal. Once I received that blessing, things started to change. I could feel the pain lessening and as the night went on I started to feel a lot better.

Alan went into town to our ward party. I hated to miss it but I just couldn’t go. I did get up and make a huge cabbage salad though. It is pretty simple so I could put it together quickly, The party started at 7:00 but didn’t really get going until after 8:00. They didn’t eat until 8:30. That is hard on Alan but it happens every time we go to a ward party. He kind of expected it. He had a good time with the people in the ward and didn’t make it home until 10:00.