president

Friday, September 6, 2013

This weekend was one of the highlights of our time here. We went whale watching. WHAT FUN!!! It was a beautiful day and we were able to see several whales. They tell us they aren’t as big here as they are in other places, but they were plenty big and beautiful. There were some young people who went with us and they went swimming with the whales. They were able to swim with a mother and her calf, which is very unusual. The mother usually takes a calf away when a boat is in the area. They got some amazing pictures.

It was a long day and Alan and I both got a little sea sick. I did fine until there was no land in sight and then when we pulled up beside a whale the boat would go over it’s own wake and really rock. There was nothing to focus on that wasn’t moving and my vertigo started to kick in. We left shore at 10:00 and didn’t get back until almost 4:00. I did alright until about 2:30 so it wasn’t too bad. It was worth it, what an experience! On the way home I layed down in a recliner on the back deck and went to sleep. My sun screen had worn off by then and I got a pretty good sun burn. It wasn’t to painful but you can sure pick me out in a crowd!