president

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Friday
We went out again today to look at more water projects. Today we were able to visit 7 and we plan to take two more days next week to do the same thing. It has been so helpful for us to be able to actually see some of the work the church has done and evaluate the sustainability of those projects. It will help us as we put new projects together in the future.
Speaking of projects, we haven’t heard a thing about the project that we submitted so I emailed the office in New Zealand today to see what is happening. This afternoon as I was trying to download that church video again, I checked the email one more time and they had written back. They got the documents that we sent, they hadn’t asked the lady who has the pictures to send them over to them and they said that the project sheet that I sent was BLANK!!! I wanted to cry. I can’t imagine where that project went when I hit the submit button. We have been waiting all week to see if it was approved and it hasn’t even been put together yet! Now I have to start all over again on Monday. I spent hours, days, actually weeks working on that project and we have people in the village fasting and praying for it to be approved. They will all be dead by the time it get submitted!!! This is just so depressing!
We had Elder and Sister Szoka over for dinner tonight. I was glad that we had asked them, I needed a diversion. I made some brownies and then made a pizza. We had pizza with a cabbage salad and then brownies and ice cream with chocolate sauce on top. It was a good evening. We had fun.