president

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sat.
We got to bed late last night. We didn’t get home until after 10:00 and then there was a dance going on at the school. On the way home from the party we were in a van with 3 other couples. Elder Johnson was driving and he didn’t see a large pig that was walking across the road. When he did see it he swerved and slammed on the breaks to avoid hitting it. I had a tray of food in my hands and no way to stop being thrown into the seat in front of me. No one got hurt, but it did jam my knees and jerk my neck. I was hurting in the night but hope that it isn’t something that will bother me in the future. I’m so fragile where my back and neck are concerned.
I was up at 6:00 making sweet rolls to take to the missionary breakfast. We have one each time a new missionary comes. It gave us a chance to get to know Sister Mitchell a little better. She will be a great addition to the mission. It is a comfort to have her here to take care of us as well as the younger missionaries.
I spent most of the day cooking. I have to take the main course to the President’s Dinner tomorrow. I made chicken crapes. I had forgotten how long it takes to make all those crapes. Oh well, they are done now and hopefully they will taste good. I also need to take a cake, but I haven’t got that made yet.
We wanted to relax and watch a movie tonight but when we put it in the machine it wouldn’t play. Wrong code for the country. Darn! We were disappointed but got out our books and read instead. We also worked on our Sunday School lesson.