president

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sun.
Sunday is always a good day in Tonga. It is so quiet and peaceful and church is great. Our Sunday School class has grown from the 18 we had when it was divided, back up to 23 today. I was surprised. I thought I scared a few away last week. We had fun today. I did an activity where I had some of them come up and then I told them what they had done in their lives. I let the class decide which kingdom they would be assigned to for all eternity. The first ones were easy, but as I made them a little harder we came to the conclusion that we are grateful that we don’t have to judge in the final judgment. We will leave that to the Savior.
This afternoon we had a fireside at the Mission Presidents house. We always have a dinner first. I took the chicken crepes that I made yesterday and a cake. They were both a big hit but I am glad that is over. I stress way to much over what to take and worry that it won’t turn out. I have got to learn to relax. The first councilor in the Mission Presidency spoke to us tonight. He is such a humble man and I think it about scared him to death to speak to so many palangi senior couples. He did a wonderful job and we all loved him. We don’t see him very often so it was good to spend some time with him.