president

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tues.
We went to the school in Vini this morning. It was sad. The man that asked us to come is the head of the PTA. He has children going to that school and he wants to make it better for them. He has asked us to help redo the bathrooms. The toilets are broken and the sewage runs everywhere. Only two out of 6 toilets work. It was awful! I can’t believe that they can keep the school open. We took pictures and told him we would do all we could to help, but it is a government school so we don’t think the church will get involved. This job is killing us. There is so much need here and so much we would like to do, but the church just can’t do everything and the government doesn’t do anything. We don’t hold out much hope for this project, but we will do all we can and hopefully they will know that the church really does care.
I had my hair cut today. Ooohhhh, it feels so good to get a hair cut! I have fallen in love with baby, she really does a good job and she is such a fun person to visit with. It’s so nice not to have to worry about hair cuts for the rest of our mission. My hair is so curly with all this humidity that it really doesn’t matter what I try to do with it, it just does it’s own thing. I have gotten used to that look now and I’m fine with it. It’s so easy, just wash, brush and go.
We did a little shopping after my hair cut. The American Store has been closed for 2 weeks because the owners were in America. They are back so we wanted to see what they brought with them. They shipped everything they bought so it could be months before it gets here. They did have tuna today so Alan is happy. We also went to Prima and I was able to buy a laundry basket! I have looked for one for weeks. Who would have thought that a laundry basket would bring me such joy? But today it did.
It rained again today but not like yesterday, so we were able to get around a little better. When we got back to the house I decided to go over to the Service Center and put some things on the blog. Good luck with that! After working at it for over an hour and only getting one picture on, I gave up. It must be the weather, nothing is working around here today.
We didn’t have anything going tonight so I hemmed Alan’s new temple pants and then ironed our new temple clothes. I still don’t have a dress but we have everything else. It will be good to have our own clothes from now on.
The wind is blowing, the rain is falling, I am going to bed.