president

Monday, March 18, 2013

Thurs.
We got up extra early today because we had to be at the Mission Office by 7:30. We took the money out to the missionaries today. We went to the east zone, which is the largest zone, and it took us 3 hours to get it all done. Alan changed the water filters in each MQ and I inspected them. We had 3 MQ’s that were really clean. They got “Snickered”. We left them each a large Snicker Bar. They love to get them but they have to earn them. They cost $2.50 a each so I don’t give them out lightly. We had several other MQ’s that were pretty good, but some were just TERRIBLE! I don’t know how they can live in that kind of filth. Mold and mildew were growing everywhere and the bathrooms and showers were gross. They heard from me loud and clear and promised to do better. We will have those units deep cleaned and then check back to see how they are keeping them up.
When we got back we did a presentation for 2 new missionaries who are coming into our mission while they wait to get their visas for other missions. Even though they are only here for a short time, (although it has been as much as 9 months) they still need to do their part to keep the MQ’s clean.
In the afternoon we drove back into town so that I could get a massage. Since we have been here my right leg has gradually been going numb. It is down to my toes now and we decided it was time to do something about it. I asked the lady who cuts my hair if she knew of anyone that did massage therapy. She did. He is a man from China and he is working to become a Master. His father is here too and he is a Master. Alan might give him a try. Anyway, he worked on my neck and lower back. He seemed to really know what he was doing because he found all of the bad spots very quickly. The only problem was that he does deep tissue massage. It felt more like Chinese torture to me! He also had the electric shock machine, so I am hoping something he did will help. I sure am sore!!!
We didn’t go to the temple tonight. I was told to come home, relax and spend some time resting, reclining, not sitting. My new Chinese friend said that part of my problem could be sitting for so long at a computer when I am not used to doing that. Also the stress of trying to get this project off. So tonight I just took it easy and it really did feel good, although I hate to miss a temple session!