president

Monday, March 18, 2013

Mon.
I had a bad day so I spent most of it at home. Some how I came down with the Tongan curse and I needed to be close to the bathroom. I wasn’t sick and I didn’t feel all that bad, I just couldn’t go anywhere. Alan had to give the Spiritual Thought at Prayer Meeting this morning at the Service Center. One of the Tongan ladies that we work with told him to give me breakfast crackers and coke. (I knew I liked her) I tried that and then went back to bed.
Alan went into work without me and I caught up on my rest. There really isn’t anything to watch on TV, so I read a book for part of the day and then worked on my journal. By the time Alan got home I was feeling better, so I tried a little food. I did fine and after that I just needed to build my strength back up.
We went to FHE tonight. Elder and Sister Fellows did a presentation on Family History and it was delightful. It is so much fun to listen to them speak with their cute Australian accents and their fun sayings. Elder Szoka was giving Sister Fellows a bad time about something and she looked right at him and said, “Don’t get cheeky with me young man!” I just love her!! She told about trying to find one of her ancestors and traveling all the way to England to do it. She explained how she learned all about this man. Some of it was good, some was not. Then she smiled and said, “Now you know why I am the way I am!” Such fun!!! She challenged us all to do more family history work and really got us excited about doing it.