president

Monday, March 18, 2013


Wed.
It rained all night last night. I don’t think we have seen the sun in over a week. It has cooled things off a lot but the humidity is unbearable. Last night it was 99%. On Saturday we took Alan’s suit out of the closet to air it out. In 2 months it had mildew all over it! Anything you don’t wear and wash regularly has to be aired out every 2-3 weeks. Our towels never day and by the time I get dressed in the morning I wonder why I bothered to take a shower. We are always soaking wet. Even our pillows and sheets are damp. I am going to start running the air conditioner more often. It’s expensive but we need to dry things out.
I spent the day at Liahona trying to submit our project. I never could get the pictures attached or the scanned documents added as an attachment. The Itep missionaries from Tonga are going to New Zealand tomorrow. I sent the pictures with them on a flash drive and emailed the description of the pictures and the scanned bids to the couple who work in the Area Office. They will attach them to the project on that end. I finally just pushed the button and submitted it. I have done all I can do with what I have to work with here. The rest is up to the Lord. We are praying that He will take it from here. I am exhausted!!
The AP’s called at 11:00 and asked if we would do a presentation at Zone Leaders Conference at 12:30. It takes a half an hour to get to the Mission Office from our office, so we had no time to prepare. I have to keep reminding myself that these are just kids. But seriously, they have an agenda for these meetings. They could give us a little warning.
I had a Relief Society Presidency meeting tonight. The other counselor didn’t come so it was just me and the president tonight. We met for over an hour and I was able to encourage her and share some experiences with her. She is 37 and the mother of 3 children. She teaches seminary at the high school. She has been serving in the Stake Relief Society Presidency and as Relief Society President of the ward at the same time. Needless to say, she is overwhelmed! They released her from her stake calling this last Sunday. Now she can focus on her ward calling. She just needed a little love and compassion. It was a good thing that we were alone tonight. We really bonded and now I know what I need to be doing to support her. She is a very spiritual woman and she will do all she can to take care of the needs of the sisters in our ward.
It rained all day today and it was still raining when we went to bed. We are going to float away!