Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tuesday, August 13th

Alan went with one of the men from the FM last Friday to pick out a new mattress for our bed. We thought we might have it on Saturday and for sure thought we would have it yesterday, but nothing! We are still waiting and in the meantime my back and leg are not getting any better. I am really praying that this will help and I am anxious to have it arrive so we can try it.

It rained a lot today. We are hoping the weather is better in Vava’u. The Forsyth’s have waited so long for their kids to arrive and we all want the weather to be good for their visit.

The internet was working well today so I was able to post a lot of things on the Blog. It’s kind of fun to go back and read about what we have done. I don’t even know if anyone is still reading it. I post on it so randomly and then I put on a ton. Oh well, it will be worth it when we get home and I can print it all out.
My legs and hips were bothering me so much today that I had to leave work and go for a walk. I know part of my problem is that I don’t get to walk enough. My body is used to me walking at least 3 miles a day and that just doesn’t happen here. I also have never sat at a desk like this, especially for so many hours every day. I will try to be better at getting up often and moving around more.

We were able to get in touch with Tiffany this afternoon. She told us all about their experiences this past week and how Sunday went. It was so good to talk to her and to hear all about it. We were sorry to miss hearing the beautiful blesssings that Jake received from his dad and from the Stake President, but we know that those blessings will sustain Jake through the coming years. He will be leading his ward through some trying times in the world’s history. Tiffany sounded good and we are grateful that she is getting a handle on all of this. She will be a great Bishop’s wife, the people in the ward already love her.

I made a tin foil supper yesterday so dinner was easy tonight. We just heated up the leftovers. It still tasted really good. We ate a little early so we could go for a good walk and I think that helped. I am also going to take a muscle relaxer before I go to bed tonight and see if that will help. It’s not my muscles that hurt but I know that the muscles are pinching the nerves. Hopefully I can get them to ease off.