president

Monday, August 12, 2013



Tuesday, July 23rd

When we got to the office this morning, we had an email from Elder Colson saying that he supported everything Alan had told the attorney. He has seen the project, seen other water tanks and towers in Tonga and he said that he thought we should go ahead with it. We sent that information on to Elder Brown and Elder Reynolds. Alan is feeling a little better about it all now.

We tried to get things finished up in the office because we will be gone for a few days. The internet was actually working pretty well today so I put some more info on the blog. That thing is going to be the death of me. I don’t know if I will ever be caught up.

We had a big incident here last Friday night and it was all over the news last night and all over the school today. The high schools here have huge fights over rugby games. We didn’t get all of the details, but over 150 kids from one school went to the home of 2 boys from another school and beat them up. They are both in critical condition in the hospital. Then they burned the home down. As it turned out, the boys were basically homeless boys that one of the teachers took in, trying to help them get an education and a better life. It was the teacher’s home that was burned down. Somewhere between 150 and 200 students were arrested and taken to jail. Some of them could be charged with murder if these two boys don’t survive. There was a school assembly today and that was the topic of discussion. Evidently some of the Liahona students have been involved in fights in the past. It is a very serious problem here.

By the end of the day we had an email back from Elder Brown with the revised contract. He had added a couple of things for the protection of the church. We are fine with that, we know NOTHING about this stuff! We wrote back, thanked him and asked if we could sign it now and move forward.

I had my hair cut today. I can’t understand why everyone that cuts my hair thinks they need to cut it soooooo blessed short! I love the lady that cuts my hair but even though I tell her to leave the sides a little longer and cut the back shorter, she just won’t do it. The sides are so short there is nothing left and the back is wavy!! Mercy!!!


Alan was much calmer tonight when we walked. I think his blood pressure has returned to normal. Now I need to work on mine!