Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wednesday, August 7th

When we got to the office this morning there were some darling pictures of Grace waiting to greet us. That is the best way possible to start the day, pictures of the grand kids! Once we got through all of the emails we decided to focus on what was at the top of our priority list. We called Tiff and then we called Bryan. It helps to be able to talk to the kids and we both felt better when we got off the phone. Tiff is a little overwhelmed but we know she will be just fine. It just takes a minute for all of this to sink in. Bryan is fine with his new calling, it is his job that gives him stress. We are praying this will all balance out.

Alan worked on the Fahefa Project this morning. He needs to get the details from the Bishop of Fahefa before I can finish writing up the project. He only speaks Tongan so we need Ana to help us or his Stake President. That will take some time to work out.

I got an email about another ship that is coming to Tonga. It is called the Sea Mercy and it will be here on Sept 6th and stay until the 23rd. It will mostly be on the outer islands but they will be doing some education about diabetes and wanted to know what we want them to do. How do we know that? We didn’t even know that they were coming! The communication with these ships is TERRIBLE!! If there weren’t members who have volunteered to come we would never even know that they are here. I’ll start working on that tomorrow.

After lunch we went into town to do some shoping for the Forsyth’s kids. 8 of them, 4 couples, are coming to see their parents this weekenf. They will stay at Liahona for 2 days and then go up to Vava’u for 5 days. They need some food in their house here so we are taking care of that for them. They fly in Saturday night and everything is closed on Sunday.

I had a massage today. I have been having a lot of pain in my back and hips and it doesn’t matter what I do, I can’t seem to get it to let up. Ying really worked me over today. Either she has been lifting weights or she has been holding back because she went REALLY DEEP today. I felt like I had gone back to the Chinese Master! When I got home everything was sore to the touch and I hurt all over. I can’t decide which is worse, the sickness or the cure!

I made Taco Soup for dinner and Corn Bread Muffins. Ying told me to stay home and relax so we didn’t walk tonight.